Forums » Conventions & Shows Discussion » CLASSICON - Waterbury CT 9/21 - 9/23
MikeFurlo
Posted: Jul 28 2012 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

(from the flyer)

CLASSICON
When: September 21st (Fri) through September 23rd (Sunday)
Where: CoCo Key Hotel Convention Center AND Water Resort (I think it's indoors,too.How cool is THAT?)
Times: Friday 5:00pm to 9:00pm
        Saturday 10:00am to 5:00pm
        Sunday 10:00am to 4:00pm
Admission: Friday $ 3.00
           Saturday $ 5.00
             Sunday $ 5.00
      Weekend Pass $ 8.00

Confirmed Guests per Flyer: Frank McLaughlin * Billy Tucci * Keith Chasmpagne * Dave Meikis * Jack Purcell * Cesar Feliciano

Publishers: Zenescope * Comix Tribe

Also: Matt Ryan from Free Lunch Studios

Advance ticket sales, contact: Karen Riso @ 203-265-1813 or Cliff Gorneault @ 860-302-0493

For updated guest and event info, go to: www.classiconn.com

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------
audino79
Posted: Jul 29 2012 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

I will be there and I will probably get a weekend pass. I think sat and sun would work best for me.
MikeFurlo
Posted: Sep 24 2012 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

audino79 wrote
I will be there and I will probably get a weekend pass. I think sat and sun would work best for me.

Did you go to the show? My son and I hit it Friday night right when it opened, he wanted to be there when all the dealers had inventory. He
ended up grabbing a bunch of Avatar stuff, Hack/Slashed and some other stuff. I got boards and I was very disappointed Zenescope did not
set up Friday night, their table had a sign on it that said Saturday and Sunday only, they were one of the main reasons I was going.
The saving grace for me and the dealer of the night was Industry Comics. The owner, Chris, was set up directly across from Zenescope and to be
honest, his setup looked more slick and professional that what Zenescope had sat that point. I can't say what their final setup looked like
because we didn't go Sat or Sun, but Industry had all the Zenescope variants I was looking for and then some. They even had a special variant
just for the show, Bad Girls #3, the cover has the water park theme on it since the hotel where the show was has a water park built in. You can
also see Industry Comics logo in background on a billboard at the water park.There were only 250 of those covers made and they were all in very
decent shape, I was thinking of sending it off to get graded. I also got the Bad Girls #2 variant with Sela shopping and Kanye looking shocked
in the background and angry looking Kim Cardashian in front of him. I also scored a bunch of Bionic Man variants from Legends of Superheroes who
put on the show, and I found a bunch of various Zenescope limited editions, some 1/500 and 1/1000 editions in the $1 box and other misc
treasure. All in all it was a good show, Friday night by 730/800pm it was buzzing pretty good,I'm sure the weekend was busy too.