Forums » Wish List » See grade of comics owned in gallary view
Spooky Dragon
Posted: Jun 23 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash

I often look at gallery view to compare new purchases (say from a lot bought at a yard sale)or potential purchases (ebay lots)to what I own -- Often times it's easier to locate the cover image than the number, particularly if variants come into play. Unfortunately, I then have to go back into the List view to see what the grade of the comic I own is, since the new one may be a higher grade and worth getting. In large lots I may be doing this 20 or 30 times. It would be nice if I could either mouse over the book/location indicator and get a small pop-up with info such as grade or have the grade displayed with the thumbnail. (Though I like the pop-up better; keeps the page simple and clean.)   

Edited by Spooky Dragon - 23 June 2013 at 3:55pm

nisav
Posted: Jun 24 2013 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

was thinking of updating the gallery view recently as well...get rid of all of the info around the covers and only display
them when hovering over the cover. this way you get a true clean gallery view. i can then add additional info to it as
well like the conditions.

Spooky Dragon
Posted: Jun 25 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash

I like that idea. Currently there are some copies without covers; that can make it hard to tell which comic title is being shown as only the number (and a blank blue 'cover')is shown. Your idea would solve that problem as well.

The only thing is losing issue number may hurt a bit as it will be harder to spot gaps in gallery view. Of course I could also see some other way of conveying a gap if that was the only thing (like a different color border on the gap side.

Either way, I think its cool though.
monkeyboy41
Posted: Jul 24 2013 | IP Logged

Attaching this post to ongoing forum: Is there any way to combine the Gallery View and List view so when inputting comics into our stash we don't have to flip back and forth between views? Possibly have Gallery view with an Amount paid and Grade option underneath. If there are any other things needing to be applied the user can just go straight to list view which displays those other options. Its easier to compare cover images when inputting large batches of comics. Having to flip back and forth gets cumbersome.

Thanks again for a wonderful site