Forums » Movies & Animation » Gotham
TBAC
Posted: Oct 2 2014 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I've heard this described as a Batmanless Batman. 2 episodes in, what's everyone thinking about this? The focus is a young James Gordon in the height of the corruption of Gotham. It seems like a lot of characters are making cameos with the promise of more. Episode 2 ends with our first real cliffhanger of sorts. I like Donal Logue as Bullock and I wouldn't have picked him for the part. I've liked him since Zen of Steve and he might be my favorite. I wish the scripts would really let his character fly a little though. Everyone is very subdued. There's no smashing chaos (yet?). I hope it's building, because if it stays this low key, I might lose interest. For my money, the acting is better and less CW-ish than Arrow. In 2 episodes, I think I only slightly winced once at some acting. I could easily see Selina Kyle stealing this show though, if they let her.

Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I don't like Alfred's and Bruce's relationship. Alfred seems really cold and mean to him.
TBAC
Posted: Oct 29 2014 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I get the impression that this take on Alfred is leading somewhere. In Episode 5 he sort of caves to Bruce's investigations. It's a nice moment. This feels a lot less like a Batman franchise than it does a police show. I'm still trying to suffer through Arrow, but the soap opera acting and dialogue just irks me so much. I wasn't impressed with Flash. It started the second Iris went into her "speak English, because I'm just a dumb girl" routine. Maybe it'll get better? Constantine was a big surprise though. I was expecting to hate it, and it might be my favorite DC to TV show so far.

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I love Jim Gordon. Young Master Bruce & Alfred's developing relationship is wonderful. E. Nigma is wonderful. Penguin is
fantastic. LOVE Gotham.

I was a little "meh" about the Flash during the pilot, but it's definitely growing on me.

bobashep
Posted: Jan 20 2015 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

It really captures the essence of the series GCPD and Gotham Central. I love the show though having Montoya and Crispus Allen on the force years before they are meant to be
is perhaps my biggest complaint. They're not needed and instead of contributing to the plot, they detract with writers trying to have them do stuff that would only happen after
Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Maupin
Posted: Jan 6 2018 | IP Logged

Anyone still watching Gotham? I like the show but I stopped watching it after season 1. I've heard it got even better. Is that true?