Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » How do I get an avatar?
Crossoverking
Posted: May 1 2016 | IP Logged

Hi,

I'm brand spankin' new to this site and can't figure out how to get an avatar attached to my user name.
captkirk42
Posted: May 2 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

OK from the forum's main page select the "options" button -> Settings ->Edit Profile scroll down some to "select avatar" on the
right there is a dropdown menu box with some generic site supplied avatars or you can upload your own image (or link to an
avatar image you already have with the url for the image.

Image restrictions: (must be 120 x 100 pixels)
I tried to submit an image that was too big once and it wasn't accepted.
I think images that are smaller will be accepted NOT sure.

Hope this helps.

Posted: May 3 2016 | IP Logged

The thing is...no one ever showed me how to do these things. I found an avatar I liked. When I hit "Upload Avatar" a box comes
up. I click on choose file...and I have no idea what file to choose. Where do I go from there?

Thank you for the help so far. Hope to hear from you again.
captkirk42
Posted: May 3 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Crossoverking wrote
The thing is...no one ever showed me how to do these things. I found an avatar I liked. When I hit
"Upload Avatar" a box comes
up. I click on choose file...and I have no idea what file to choose. Where do I go from there?

Thank you for the help so far. Hope to hear from you again.

Yes and the FAQs don't have a lot of the "How To" FAQs needed. I had signed up a few years ago used the site a few times forgot
about it came back once or twice and just recently I am making an effort to visit regularly. Some of this stuff I have only just
discovered myself a few days or maybe hours ago. :)

Re: Upload Avatar box: The choose file link should open up a "my computer" (I'm not sure what the mac calls the listings) box
listing the files/programs on you computer. Search for image files (.jpg, jpeg, gif and the like) then highlight/select one of those
and click "open" then "save" or if the avatar you like is from the web type in (or cut and paste) the url for the image
(http..etc...jpg) or if you want one of the images the site already has select the one you like, it should show up to the right of the
box and then scroll down and click "update profile".

Posted: Jul 19 2019 | IP Logged

Special comic use is defined for the fulfillment of the goals for the humans. The edifice of the construction and resumehelp is construed for the happiness of the people. THz agency is upheld for the vital proportions of the struggle for the parents in the same town in all conditions for the bloggers.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.