Forums » DC Universes » rebirth - recommended titles
triplejaysus
Posted: Sep 26 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Hey folks,
I'm mostly an Image reader, but have been picking up Batman, All Star Batman, Wonder woman and Detective Comics since Rebirth.
I'm really enjoying them - a nice fresh tone, not at all like the single note 'gritty' New52.
What have you been enjoying and could you recommend one I may have missed?

I"m loving the $2.99 price tag.
Parallax2814
Posted: Sep 26 2016 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Action Comics and Superman have both been great.

Posted: Jan 3 2017 | IP Logged

I love Superman and New Superman along with Batman and The Flash
bobashep
Posted: Jan 21 2017 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I really like the new Supergirl title.
dix
Posted: Jan 26 2017 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I follow several of them, but my favorite is Aquaman. The art is fabulous, and I like the way they are getting into the relationships Aquaman has with his people, the Justice League, and his wife to be.
petey212
Posted: Feb 5 2017 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Hi JJJ,

If you're up for something outside of DC, I highly recommend the IDW Judge Dredd series. Just started on the last run (mega city zero) and so far it's been amazing. Art and Story are outstanding. I believe there's a new series starting up next
monthish? TMNT has been a good series as well, actually most of the IDW ones are pretty good with great artwork to back them up.

I'm a bit meh on the current Spider-man arc, clones.. again. >_< The thing is I actually liked the original saga.. it just doesn't need to be revisited.

I'm not sure if you can get the Australian Phantom series but Frew have been doing great stuff since the new owners took over last year like phantom's world which is a mini series within the phantom issues that translates stories from italy and other
lesser known phantom publications into english for the first time.

I'd also second the all star batman and action comics :)

I wish I had a $2.99 price-tag too but over here in oz it comes out to ~$7 for most comics these days, dc being around $5.

Cheers,

Pete
jlabrad
Posted: Feb 19 2017 | IP Logged

I collect a fair number of the DC titles, so many that I've been thinking of cutting back. But, that being said, I have found that "Green Lanterns" has somehow kept my
interest. No Hal Jordan, John Stewart or Guy Gardner. Two newbies instead. It's been interesting.

I also have to say I was going to cut back on Action and Superman, but they have just gotten more interesting.
monkeyboy41
Posted: Feb 21 2017 | IP Logged

I have collected almost everything in the Rebirth Launch except for New Superman, Supergirl, Hellblazer (gave it 5 issues just didnt pick up) and Superwomen. If I had to decide the top 5 books to keep going with they
would be Superman, Flash, Teen Titans (Super Sons just came out so would make this the 6th book lol) , Titans, and Detective Comics. These to me are the strongest in the series. Next 5 would be Wonder Woman,
Aquaman, Action Comics, Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns, and Green Lanterns. Batman is one of my favorite characters but I am not a fan of Tom King( Bat, Cat, Seriously his writing is juvenile and reads out like a Dick
and Jane book lol). Cyborg has been OK, but could easily drop it and not remember that I did. Suicide Squad has been awesome but the reason I put it here is that its an acquired taste. Justice League has just been
disappointing the whole time, writing seems forced and stories are just all over the place. This is just my 2cents.
Konancho
Posted: Mar 3 2017 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I too am a fan of Rebirth and am more in collecting than actually reading. Artwork is important to me and now that Hoopla is available I can read almost all of them digitally.
I get some books locally here but most I get through an online source DCBS. I suggest you check them out if cost may deter you from multiple titles.
Check my list as I am add to rebirth list about every two weeks.
pmjeterjr
Posted: Apr 16 2017 | IP Logged

I am really enjoying Super Sons at the moment.   I love Wonder Woman so that is a given for me. I have just caught up with Action and Superman have enjoyed them both very well. I have most titles in the Rebirth so not sure which one to catch up on next lol.
Konancho
Posted: Apr 18 2017 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Superman story is great so far! Lead from Superman: Lois and Clark #1 to follow pre New 52 Superman in New 52 universe. Which has now about come full circle with Superman of both Universes. Read to know it is fantastic!
AlexofSandwich
Posted: May 3 2017 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I started out with Blue Beetle and Cyborg (being fairly new to comics), but having read the first arc for both, I dropped them and picked up Nightwing (which I love,
apparently), Titans, Teen Titans and Super Sons, as I think Damian and Dick are two of my all time favourite characters.
Aside from that, I am thinking about adding to my pull list:
Aquaman (really like the art and story for what I have read so far. Pretty much hooked from the rebirth issue), Deathstroke (the crossover with titans/teen titans is coming
up, so I thought I should read the other deathstroke issues, and have absolutely loved them), Superman (having not read much of new 52, I've found action comics to be
pretty confusing, but superman is really cool seeing Clark as a father), and Hellblazer (I hated the art in the rebirth and first four issues, but the next two were a bit better,
and with the most recent issues I have been staring at each panel for so long, just trying to take in how amazing the scenery is).
The other ones I like are Flash and Green Arrow, but I've only read the first couple of issues of each, so I'm not sure if I want to continue yet (though I have pre-ordered the
lenticular versions of The Button for Flash and Batman).
I'm not really sure how I feel about Batman, Detective Comics and Batgirl (both), and I haven't read any of All Star Batman, Batwoman, Batman Beyond or Red Hood yet.
Wonder Woman is just confusing me at the moment, so I haven't started reading Trinity either.
I quite like the new Green Lanterns, but I don't know much about Hal Jordan yet, and I haven't started Supergirl or Superwoman.
I sort of hated New Super-Man and found Justice League boring, but I've only read the first issue of each, so I'm not sure that is a fair attempt, and Suicide Squad and
Harley Quinn don't overly appeal to me, but when I get a chance, I might read those. I haven't started Justice League of America yet either.
I think that is all of them.
Crusher Creel
Posted: May 4 2017 | IP Logged

The Button story line is intriguing in both Batman and Flash titles, but disappointed that it took DC 21 issues to finally get to it from the Rebirth relaunch last year ....even so, there will probably be a bunch of
unanswered questions by the end of it....so we will have to wait :)
maverick0524
Posted: May 13 2017 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I've been enjoying Green Arrow.
happywolf15
Posted: May 24 2017 | IP Logged

I think the Deathstroke Rebirth comics are really cool. Deathstroke has been a favorite of mine for a while.
Florgio
Posted: Jun 14 2017 | IP Logged

Tom King's Batman is not as good as Snyder's run, but I have still enjoyed it. The "I Am Bane" arc was pretty well done and after "The Button" and this
new Catwoman twist, I am interested in seeing where it is headed. The new arc on Suicide Squad seems interesting, I might pick that up too.