Forums » Marvel Universes » Wolverine is back!
jonervin26
Posted: Sep 28 2017 | IP Logged

The real Wolverine is back! Not the "Old Man" time displaced one, or the clone one, or his son, or his other son from another universe (Geez!). The real Wolverine is back! Anyone else excited about this?
rollercosta
Posted: Oct 7 2017 | IP Logged

Can't say I'm too excited. Never really felt his absence post his "death". Old Man Logan has an interesting history but, to me, he just felt like the original Logan once he was shoved into nearly every
title Marvel was putting out.
fconicella
Posted: Nov 7 2017 | IP Logged

Does anyone know what title he will be featured in going forward??
jonervin26
Posted: Nov 7 2017 | IP Logged

Nothing announced yet. I've been checking the monthly solicitations and so far they haven't said. He returned in Marvel Legacy #1.
petey212
Posted: Nov 29 2017 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

iswolverinestilldead.com
navik
Posted: Jul 21 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I really enjoyed the original Old Man Logan storyline, as well as the one from the latest Secret Wars, but his solo book devolved into something much less interesting.
I was a big fan of X-23 being Wolverine, not that the label is what made her cool, but it worked. The ultimate wolverine is bleh, I wish they never ported him over. Daken is one of the most horribly written characters. Pretty
soon we'll have Wolverine-verse. I don't know why they think super-saturation of an original character is a good thing. With all of that said, I don't mind the original Logan coming back. However, I'm really tired of Marvel's
life-death-life-death revolving door. Jean Grey's return (in X-Men Red) felt really weird, despite reading the mini-series bringing her back. Thankfully the X-Men Red Annual #1 addressed her return. That really should have
been issue 1 of that series.
Sorry I kind of went off-track here.

Posted: Jul 27 2018 | IP Logged

Yeah the original Old Man Logan "future" story is fantastic. The first Secret Wars mini was pretty good and the regular series has been hit or miss. Some really good stories, and some real clunkers. If the solicitations are to be believed the series will be ending with #50, and will culminate in Old Man Logan's death. I guess with the regular Marvel 616 Logan coming back into the fray, the Old Man just isn't needed anymore.
navik
Posted: Jul 27 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I hope that's the case.
In other news, I wonder how well (or poorly) they'll pull off the eventual reunion between regular 616 Logan and Mariko.

Posted: Jul 28 2018 | IP Logged

Yeah that whole Red Samurai story was a bit of a miss for me, but I assume since she is back she and 616 Logan will eventually cross paths. Could be interesting. I'm also interested to see his interaction with Storm, as they were going pretty hot in the months before his death. And OF COURSE Jean is back now too, so there are all kinds of love interest stories lined up for him now that he is coming back.
Loganpeter
Posted: Oct 2 2018 | IP Logged

Does anyone know what title he will be featured in going forward??
jonervin26
Posted: Oct 2 2018 | IP Logged

No, it is funny, it has actually been a year now since he has been back, but no long term solicitations have been made. They currently have the mini series "Return of Wolverine" running, which is 5 issues, and seems after reading the first issue to show the route he had to take to come back. After that wraps up I assume they will launch a entirely new Wolverine regular series.
Waguespack
Posted: Oct 5 2018 | IP Logged

I've not checked out the Return of Wolverine mini-series yet. I was under the impression that it was quite mediocre.
Maybe I was wrong. Do you like it, Jonervin?
jonervin26
Posted: Oct 5 2018 | IP Logged

Only issue 1 has come out so far. I thought it was good. The story is quite confusing so far, but it is because of intended misdirection, not because of bad writing. It starts out as a bit of a mystery. The art was fantastic. For anyone that is a Wolverine fan, I think it will be worth reading this series.