Forums » Marvel Universes » New Thor #1
jonervin26
Posted: Jun 14 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Wow the new Thor #1 is $6! It is only 40 pages, what the heck Marvel? I hate to say it but I'm going to soon be priced out of the comic hobby. I can't afford their prices.
jonervin26
Posted: Jun 14 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I did look at future solicitations then though and future issues are going back to the regular 3.99 so perhaps crisis averted. Still seems like a money grab to me though, but I love Jason Aaron's Thor comics so I guess I'll bite the bullet.
monkeyboy41
Posted: Jun 19 2018 | IP Logged

Agreed, I'm assuming they are going with their usual number "1" sales a lot technique. I love Del Mundo's work, but the story is going to have to be solid for me to invest in keeping up with the run.
jonervin26
Posted: Jun 24 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Yeah I don't get the whole #1 thing anymore, not as a collectible anyway. I mean there have been so many of them in recent years. Almost all major character/series have had like 4 or 5 #1 issues over the last 4 years. Definitely devalues the collect-ability. I guess people are still buying them though? Just kind of weird at this point to me. I have stopped buying them unless they are for a specific series I want to read. I mean I only need so many Captain America #1 issues in my collection.

Edited by jonervin26 - 24 June 2018 at 1:38pm

alanmoore69
Posted: Aug 19 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

It's pretty expensive. You could pre-order it from online sites and sometimes get it for 40-50% off.
coinbud
Posted: Nov 7 2018 | IP Logged

what online sites do you suggest ?
EdwardButler
Posted: Mar 26 2019 | IP Logged

Thor hits hard. Is pretty tanky. And his 3rd ability is an AOE that also stuns. Pair him with BW and cap, and you should be pretty solid. His speed is slow, but not as slow as
Hulk. He doesn't have much utility, but is a solid damage dealer.

Runions
Posted: Apr 5 2019 | IP Logged

They're definitely trying to cash in as much as they can. I figure they were just testing the waters and breaking us in
for a new price range in the future.
jonervin26
Posted: Apr 12 2019 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Thanks to whomever cleaned up all the spam! I still think a captcha to post would be a good idea. Appreciate the effort none the less though!
The Other Mike D
Posted: Apr 13 2019 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

To anyone who comes here, the forum has a button on the right with post options to report the spam. Please use it!
jonervin26
Posted: Apr 16 2019 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Worth mentioning, when I try to report any posts as spam by way of the Post Options drop down, I get an 500 Internal Server Error popup. It doesn't process.
Jon

Edited by jonervin26 - 16 April 2019 at 11:59am

The Other Mike D
Posted: Apr 18 2019 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I get that too. I don't know if someone is monitoring the site or checking the reports but it worth a try.