Forums » Marvel Universes » New Thor #1
jonervin26
Posted: Jun 14 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Wow the new Thor #1 is $6! It is only 40 pages, what the heck Marvel? I hate to say it but I'm going to soon be priced out of the comic hobby. I can't afford their prices.
jonervin26
Posted: Jun 14 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I did look at future solicitations then though and future issues are going back to the regular 3.99 so perhaps crisis averted. Still seems like a money grab to me though, but I love Jason Aaron's Thor comics so I guess I'll bite the bullet.
monkeyboy41
Posted: Jun 19 2018 | IP Logged

Agreed, I'm assuming they are going with their usual number "1" sales a lot technique. I love Del Mundo's work, but the story is going to have to be solid for me to invest in keeping up with the run.
jonervin26
Posted: Jun 24 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Yeah I don't get the whole #1 thing anymore, not as a collectible anyway. I mean there have been so many of them in recent years. Almost all major character/series have had like 4 or 5 #1 issues over the last 4 years. Definitely devalues the collect-ability. I guess people are still buying them though? Just kind of weird at this point to me. I have stopped buying them unless they are for a specific series I want to read. I mean I only need so many Captain America #1 issues in my collection.

Edited by jonervin26 - 24 June 2018 at 1:38pm

alanmoore69
Posted: Aug 19 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

It's pretty expensive. You could pre-order it from online sites and sometimes get it for 40-50% off.
coinbud
Posted: Nov 7 2018 | IP Logged

what online sites do you suggest ?
elisawise
Posted: Today, 2:10 AM | IP Logged

I love Jason Aaron's Thor comics so I guess I'll bite the bullet spanish dictionary spanish dictionary.