Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » Delay in submitted issues being added?!
Shay
Posted: Jul 5 2018 | IP Logged

Why are issues I submitted to be added as far
back as 5/8 and 5/14 still Processing while
issues I submitted on 6/30 were added by 7/4?!
AND other submitted issues on 5/14 were
actually added on 6/26. I'm so confused as to
why some are skipped.
I had issues submitted on 6/26 that were added
just a few hours later the same day. These are
all back issues as well, not new or current
releases. Can anyone explain the odd "schedule"
of submitted issues being added to the site?
monkeyboy41

Depends on how I group them as I am adding them each day. I have been trying to catch up from old submissions and trying to prevent backlog from newly added ones. I currently do not see your name on the list of submissions, did you change your user name
recently?

Also there are a few users that submit quite a lot of new items back to back so to be fair I jump around to make sure everyone gets proper updates.
Shay

Ah, I see.
And kinda, I actually have 3 accounts with
you. This one, one I created for my
husband's collection and a new one I made
to combine our two into one. I get tired of
changing accounts to check what we
already own, lol.
So sorry, I didn't even think about which I
was using when I started this thread. The
issues I am referring to would have been
submitted using the user name SSTaylor.
Thank you for the feedback.
asenior306
Posted: Aug 28 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Hi, just wondering if there is still a large backlog for new issues submitted - I added some over a month ago and am still waiting to see them in the database. Thanks
Tanya12345
Posted: Aug 28 2018 | IP Logged

depends how you group up them
asenior306
Posted: Sep 7 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I'm not sure what you mean by "how you group them". I submitted a number of unlisted comics just like I have done in the past - haven't had to wait this long to get them added. Here's
the page of my stash that shows them submitted and waiting:

https://www.stashmycomics.com/user-cpfullcomic.aspsh

Any movement on this or explanation would be greatly appreciated.
petey212
Posted: Sep 7 2018 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Hi Senior,

This site is run by comic book fans, for comic book fans and everyone running the site do this through the help of volunteers. Sometimes, they're very quick and you might be lucky with a turn-around of a week and sometimes it takes months. I've
had some submissions sit there for 8 months and then suddenly a whole host of submissions get accepted.

I've seen in the past that they take in university interns during the american summer break and they have a better hit rate when this happens due to the extra hand/s.

Hope that helps. You posts won't have been forgotten it's just that monkeyboy and the rest have limited time to process so he's saying he groups multiple entries from multiple members and does them in batches. This makes it more fair instead of
only 1 or 2 members having their submissions entered on any given day. So recently, there must have been more for a different comic across more members than the ones you submitted

and headsup Monkeyboy, I'll be submitting some more FREW Phantom (AUS) comics shortly . One day we'll have all 1800+ on the site...

Cheers,

Pete
asenior306
Posted: Sep 8 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Thanks for the info petey, it's very much appreciated. I haven't added a lot of new issues in the past but when I have they have not taken all that long to get processed so I wasn't aware
that this can vary in the time taken. I really do appreciate the work of everyone who works to make this site available, it is so helpful in tracking my stash. Thanks again, take care. :)