Forums » DC Universes » Batawang or Batpole
jonervin26
Posted: Sep 20 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

So, the new mature black label DC comic Batman: Damned #1 seems to have full frontal nudity in it, in which Batman's penis is visible. This comic is selling out most everywhere. Here in lies my question, do you think the visible batawang will make this comic a famous and notorious comic, thus making it a sought after collectible? Or do you think it will just end up as hype? .......discuss?

Edited by jonervin26 - 20 September 2018 at 3:41pm

Nissan
Posted: Sep 21 2018 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

Will The Tag On The Slabbed Comic Say 1st Appearance Bat-Cock?
jonervin26
Posted: Sep 21 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I prefer "Bat-a-wang" but, it would be funny as hell if it said either.
Nissan
Posted: Sep 23 2018 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

Is It Pushing The Envelope Of Modern Comics, Or Just The 'Sex Sells' Angle. Personally, I Don't Wanna See Batman's Privates. (But Let Me Know If Catwoman Reveals All)
zeropunkstar
Posted: Sep 24 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

i dont really get the hype, I mean its not the first penis ever drawn. if it was a naked Wonder Woman, no one would complain.
jonervin26

My Public Stash

I think the hype is just that it is Batman. He is a legendary and iconic comic book character. The same hype would happen if they did the same with Superman. It isn't so much that there is a drawing of a penis, it is whom the specific penis belongs to. Just my two cents.
zeropunkstar

My Public Stash

:missed opportunity: i should have said "no one would BAT an eye" instead of no one would complain...
Nissan
Groupie
Groupie

Who Is This Comic Aimed At?. Mature Label Comic For Young Adults (Say 20-30 Year Olds) Or Old (Wise) Guys Like Me Over 40. I Hope It Has A Good Story Or Good Art, And Is Remembered As A Great Comic. Batman Has Gone Through Many Changes Over The Last Few Decades, I Love/Collect The Late 70's And 80's Comics.
Nissan
Groupie
Groupie

Nobody Mentioned A Jim Lee Cover (Jim Lee Rocks). Woah! Frank Miller On Superman, And Two Other Bat-Books. DC Must Be Serious With This New Direction. (Wikipedia Has A Page Up For Dates)
jonervin26

My Public Stash

Yep there’s a Jim Lee variant. It’s part of DCs new Black Label books which are aimed at
mature audiences. It is a new universe essentially as it isn’t part of the DCU. Like you stated
there are a bunch more books in the works. This was just the first.
NyellBarnet
Posted: Oct 13 2018 | IP Logged

Hi i missed opportunity:
i should have said "no one would BAT an eye" instead of no one would complain...