Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » Advice on how low to go when selling.
tmjones
Posted: Mar 8 2019 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Good morning everyone! I have a very large collection that I have a company coming to buy Tuesday. My big concern is, I want to sell the full collection, but don't want to get ripped off. I know what the big name ones are worth, but was curious how much bulk copies of bronze age go for? Should I be happy with $1 per comic? Should I at least be looking for $5?
jonervin26

My Public Stash

Always tricky selling an entire collection. Maybe meet on a price if you can, like a buck a book, two bucks a book, or whatever you can agree on. But don't include your key comics in on that price. Do you have a listing of your key comics? The ones that are truly worth something? Handy for selling purposes to know what you have, even if it is just hand written. You may have to try negotiate those separately? If you have a lot of bronze or older comics, you will certainly have more to negotiate with, as those are very desirable for a reseller. Good luck to you.

Edited by jonervin26 - 08 March 2019 at 10:31am

tmjones

My Public Stash

Thank you so much! very helpful. I guess my main issue comes down to runs. Like I have a run of about 50 Adventure comics in the 300 issue , and ideally they'd be in the $50 to $100 range. Obviously I know if someone is buying them all in bulk, they wont pay $100 each, but id also prefer to not sell them for $1 each. Is there any way of knowing exactly how low to go or should I just talk with the buyer. Also is there a point where I should just walk away and not sell I.E. they over me $500 for the 100 Comics.
jonervin26

My Public Stash

Its all about what you are comfortable with. You will get more along the lines of what something is WORTH, from a collector. However, for someone interested in buying large entire collections, you are generally going to be dealing with re-sellers. So it is their job to get your comics from you for as cheap a price as they possibly can, so they can maximize their profit margins. Haggle, negotiate, and if you don't feel comfortable with the offer, you can always say no. Good luck with it.

Edited by jonervin26 - 08 March 2019 at 1:06pm

jonervin26

My Public Stash

Be prepared, at first they are going to low ball you hard! That's pretty much a guarantee.
Parallax2814
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Is the "Myers private collection" of your public stash the books you're looking to sell?

Posted: Mar 9 2019 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

The overall condition of the collection should also be a factor- Higher = more bargaining leverage.
Have you valued the books based on the current market? I don't mean the values stated here ()

Keep The Comics You Like/Love/Value, Sell The Ones You Can Live Without. Bronze Age Comics Are Rare In Good Condition.
tmjones
Posted: Mar 11 2019 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

@parallax: I'm actually looking to sell everything including the unsorted ones. Just havn't moved them over to the collection.

Thank you guys for the great responses! All very good advice! just wanna make sure I don't get ripped off, though I do need to get rid of the collection (hoping it will pay for my school). I have also been following what similar condition ones have actually sold for on EBAY recently, so I do have a general, but keeping up with every one of the nearly 10,000 is tough.
Parallax2814
Posted: Mar 12 2019 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

tmjones wrote
@parallax: I'm actually looking to sell everything including the unsorted ones. Just havn't moved them over to the collection.

Thank you guys for the great responses! All very good advice! just wanna make sure I don't get ripped off, though I do need to get rid of the collection (hoping it will pay for my school). I have also been following what similar condition ones have actually sold
for on EBAY recently, so I do have a general, but keeping up with every one of the nearly 10,000 is tough.

I may be interested in some of the issues if you'd ship.

Posted: Mar 20 2019 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Id love to make a deal, unfortunately I'm trying to sell as a whole thing so I'm not stuck with 30 copies of son of satan because I shipped off my ASM 129 and Hulk 181. I know the Keys are where the money is, but if I can use the keys to sell the rest that would be ideal!