Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » introduce yourself and talk collecting
DRU-MANIC
Posted: Feb 2 2016 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash

Welcome all! Cheers!
brown040613
Posted: Feb 7 2016 | IP Logged

Collected off and on for few years. Started
after watching movies an following in love
with arrow tv show. Stopped buying do to
having 3 small children. Now slowly getting
back onto it.
Voodoochyl
Posted: Feb 8 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

So how did you start collecting?

I bought a few comics when I was in the 8th grade (100 years ago) because some of my fiends from school were collecting. It didn't take. About six months
ago, I went into my local comic book store because they started carrying tabletop games (a huge passion of mine). I was a little intimidated, going in with my
lack of knowledge, and I thought for sure my ignorance would be pointed out and mocked by the people behind the counter. It was the opposite. They were so
kind and knowledgable and got me started with Rat Queens and Manifest Destiny. I was instantly hooked. I am now trying to keep my new addiction in check,
but I think it's hopeless.

How many comics are in collection approximately?

What do you like to collect?

I'm crazy about Image comics. I'll read anything they print. Also a HUGE Rick Remender fan.

Which title/character is most found in your collection?

Batman

Edited by Voodoochyl - 08 February 2016 at 7:03pm

captkirk42
Posted: Apr 27 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Hi I'm Kirk online I usually go by CaptKirk42 sometimes I use my email name klandersen.

I forget exactly when I discovered/joined this site. I started to use it for a few days back then and stopped then found it again went away again and now have
returned again. Never got to the forums. For a while I was out of the comics scene. I have decided to try to return. It has been ages since I've bought a new comic
(from any published date), but I have enjoyed some of the comic inspired movies and TV shows. I have a medium to large comic collection. I need to eventually list
what I have in "my stash". Right now there are only a few dozen titles that I recalled I have. Some specifics I need to check my actual books for (alternate cover,
issue numbers etc...) Not sure when I'll get around to doing all I need to do.

I also seem to recall another comic database/collection tracking site I had found a few years back. Don't recall what that one was, but I think I had added more of
my books there. Sorry for talking competition. Hehe.

Posted: Apr 29 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Oops I didn't quite answer the questions here. I was going to edit my above post, but it might make things look odd. Oh the
other site I had mentioned I checked an old blog post of mine where I mentioned StashMyComics and the other one which
was the ComicBookPriceGuide. The CBPG would be another nice site to use but it isn't free if you have more than 50 comics
and I have way over that.

So how did you start collecting?: I don't recall exactly when I started, but as with trading cards I think I was 4 maybe
5 or younger. I have older siblings who were already into collecting stuff so I probably could have started since I was born. I
haven't gotten a "new" comic, or bought any comics in ages. As a kid (70s) I obviously got comics on occasion. I then was
really heavy into collecting (most of the major DC and Marvel titles) during the mid80s to around 1992/3. I might have
bought the occasional single issue after that but I don't recall the last time.

How many comics are in your collection approximately?: Well I have 19 comic boxes (regular not long) jam packed with comics so easily over 1,000 maybe up
to 2,000. I am trying to add all my issues to MyStash so hopefully in a few days I'll have a more exact total.

What do you like to collect?: Superhero titles, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, TV shows, Movies, Parodies, Humor, Comic-Strip. A large
variety.

Which title/character is most found in your collection? Probably the various Spider-Man titles. For The Amazing
Spider-Man
I have a continuous run from issue #107 all the way up to #343. From the late 70s to the early 80s (with a little hiatus until mid80s) I concentrated on
Spider-Man and Avengers. Then in the mid80s to around 1992 I got back into comics and in addition to Spidey and the Avengers, was heavy into Batman and
Superman titles, Wonder Woman, Justice League of America and most of the major DC and Marvel titles. At one time having a pull-list/subscription at my local comic
store and then a comic store one of my friends had near him which wasn't convenient to me.

Again in a few days after adding stuff I should be able to pinpoint it more accurately.

Edited to correct some specifics.

Edited by captkirk42 - 01 May 2016 at 1:51am

Posted: Jun 17 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

My best friend in junior high collected and had his collection pinned up on his wall. It looked cool, so i figured i would do that too (both the collecting and pinning to the wall).

I am right at 700.

My collection has always been heavy on Marvel with a focus on X-Men and related titles.

Dazzler and Punisher (not sure how that happened) are the 2 characters that show up most in my collection.
christinascb
Posted: Jul 10 2016 | IP Logged

Hello Everyone!! I'm Christina and glad I stumbled upon this site to organize comics.

When I was young my grandfather used to complain about how he had boxes and boxes of comics from when he was a kid/teen (like the 1940s, be still my heart) and when him and my
grandmother got married, she wouldn't accept them in the house and he THREW THEM AWAY. Ughhhh. He could have made us all rich I'm sure. Haha. She always felt guilty about this
and used to take me to the comic book store when I stayed with her.

Around 300.

Unlike most people, I'm drawn to characters like The Flinstones, Casper, Spooky, Disney Comics, etc. I do collect other characters as well, but mainly just for the value. I enjoy the new
comics, but love to read the Silver Age comics- especially the ads.

Casper the friendly ghost. He's just so darn cute!

I'd love to get to know everyone and be actively involved in this site.
I'm reachable by email at: christinascomicbooks@gmail.com
I gladly give out my facebook, skype and XBOX one GT if anyone is interested.

Great Scott!
Posted: Jul 12 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Welcome, Christina :) Let me start by admitting I was trying to figure out your username. I thought it was supposed to be "Christ in a something".

How refreshing to see you like the 'cartoony' characters. I'm very good friends with former long time Disney artist (and Jack Kirby's favorite inker) Mike Royer (my Royer collection can be seen in my 'Public Stash'). I don't know if you're familiar with any
of his Dell/Disney work, but he has a real knack for the style.

Here's some of his art (that I own) for you to enjoy :)

Hi! My name is Tom and I discovered this site while searching for comic book inventory software.

I became interested in comics when I discovered the Star Wars comics...the original ones from 1977. I stopped collecting at some point in the 1980's but started up again in 1990 when I discovered The Sandman.

This is a guess but I have 6 short boxes that are all almost full so about 900.

I really don't collect anything new but I am currently trying to fill gaps from my collections.

Star wars, Sandman, X-men, Silver Surfer, Conan the Barbarian.
Miracleman
Posted: Jul 17 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Hey guys. Pedro from Canada here and like many others, I discovered this site when looking for a better solution than just "excel" to inventory my aging comic book collection. Now my 12 year old daughter is hard at work cataloguing my stash for the negotiated price of $50/box.

I started collecting back in the early 80's, with the bulk of my comic purchases occurring between 1983-1889. For the last 20 years I've probably purchased 10 comics...they've been sitting idle, undisturbed during that time. How did I start? Hmm. Probably superman, batman and spiderman from the newsstand until I discovered that
comic book stores existed and the rest is history...

I probably have 5+ boxes of comics..~1500 in total if I were to guess.

In my 40's now....has not been something I have had or spent any time on. Will see what happens when I get everything catalogued...might think about closing some holes...or unloading the lot if my daughter doesn't want them.

X-Men, Spiderman, Batman, Swamp Thing, Avengers....probably half the collection or more across those titles.
indiejade
Posted: Aug 6 2016 | IP Logged

Hi! I'm Sarah and I found this site while I was looking for some way to keep track of all the comics.

How did I start collecting?
Got hooked reading my Dad's old comics and then once I had the money on my own I started buying what I wanted to read and I haven't stopped since.

How many comics are in my collection?
I have 6+ long boxes filled so somewhere in the 1500 range?

What do I collect?
I am kind of all over the place when it comes to what I pick up from Classics to the small independents. Otherwise I am a big fan of a few artists so I try to pick up most of their books.

Star Wars, Batman, Buffy, Green Arrow, Fables, Doctor Strange
dix
Posted: Aug 11 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Hello everyone!

Most of my friends just call me Dix.

I've been collecting comics since the mid '90s. It all started because I was into role playing games and a friend invited me to play a super hero game. I can't even remember the name. In order to prepare for the game I went and picked up a half dozen comics, I and was hooked. I have to say that discovering this sight has added a whole lot of fun to my collecting, but logging my collection, adding book info, and writing reviews has turned into a major time sinkhole.

I've been on the site for about a month, and I'm up to almost 2900 books logged. I knew I had a bunch, but seeing the numbers grow has still been a bit of a shock. I have 35 boxes, give or take a couple. I believe most have been logged, except maybe one or two boxes. As I sort them out, I'll probably find books I've missed, since I had them written down in a theme book. I took some time off from collecting, so I'm still catching up on all the character changes. I came back to find a bunch of my favorite characters are now young women, which was a bit of a shock. Most of them have been good so far. I'm still working on sorting out the multitude of Superman changes.

I read just about everything. My favorites aren't necessarily the most numerous in the collection. I love The Green Hornet, and Doc Savage for example. Currently my favorite books are Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of Infinity, the DC Rebirth/Rebirth Universe series, Silver Surfer, Green Arrow, and the Green Lantern Books. I've just started reading them, but I'm really enjoying the new Wolverine and Thor.
grfanboy
Posted: Aug 14 2016 | IP Logged

404 ERROR

Edited by grfanboy - 31 July 2017 at 2:46pm

Threeshotwonder
Posted: May 25 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Back from the dead and getting back into comics so i figured i would swing by and see how active the site was these days.

alanmoore69
Posted: Jun 1 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

welcome back!
BaileyBooks
Posted: Nov 16 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Hi everyone.

New here but a long time on earth.
Been reading comics for over 50 years now, and if I have any regrets in this world it's not keeping and collecting all the comics I had right from boyhood. Ireally wouldnt have
to work right now.
Anyway, as this site gets populated, you'll see I am also a Trekkie, having most of the Trek comics that have been released. Also like Spider-man and X-Mex as well as a few
others.
I look forward to visiting here often, getting my stash inventoried, and looking around to see whats what. I'm glad someone recommended stashmycomics.com to me.
jonervin26
Posted: Nov 18 2018 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Welcome! It is a fantastic site. We need to work on our conversation and user interaction, but maybe it is getting better.
Prev
Page of 9