Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » How Did You Find This Site?
nisav
Posted: Mar 4 2006 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

Let us know how you found us!

ngasioro
Posted: Mar 4 2006 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I wanted to find a way to catalouge all my comics, but doing it myself in an excel spread sheet was taking too long, so I went to the internet. The first site I found using the MSN search engine had a downloadable excel spreadsheet but was too confusing to use. This was the second relevant site on the list and I am glad you are here! Everything is so easy to use and I think after a few years as this site gets better and better more members will join and hopefully this will become a premere comic 'stashing' site!

Thanks again Igor!

Make Mine Marvel!
otterbot
Posted: Mar 31 2006 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I was google-ing.  I have been on the lookout for a cool database for some time.  One of the key factors in my search was the word 'FREE' :)    Other sights were ok, but didnt seem wortht the money to me.  You guys provide a great service and friendly environment.

My Public Stash

LoL! Well, I have a few long boxes full of Comics, but didnt know exactly
WHAT i had. I was going to get a checklist when I started looking for 1 of
the online. I found a lot of expensive comic book websites, but none that
matched the effectiveness as this 1 did. Great website. It Helps a lot.

My Stash
Lobo
Posted: Jun 26 2006 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I have to echo ngasioro & otterbot.

Entering all of the data into Excel was taking forever, so I hit google. This site already has data on most of my indie titles, and it exports to Excel (which is handy for bringing to a con on my PDA), so I signed up (yesterday). I already have 256 comics in my 'stash', one day later.

Only a few thousand to go.

cougar27
Posted: Jul 10 2006 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I also was looking for an alternative site to comicspriceguide.com.  I happened to stumble upon it by googling.  I am VERY pleased with the site and its future possibilities!

Groupie
Groupie

I found the site pretty much like everyone else did.  I had a excel spreadsheet, and was spending almost as much time updating it as I was reading my comics.  I think the first one I had was actually through Wizard, but for some reason they dumped theirs or made it a pay for service type thing.  So I went out looking for a free site that would do what I wanted.  This was the first one I tried and have been here ever since, and it keeps getting better and better.
Rowan113
Posted: Nov 30 2006 | IP Logged

Yep, found this site Googling and FREE was a major factor in checking you out. But boy am I glad! This is a GREAT site , comprehensive and easy to use. And if everyone continues to help you guys by submitting info/covers it will only get better. One question, how do you determine the value of the comics?

THANK YOU IGOR, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
nisav
Posted: Dec 1 2006 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

we rely on various catalogues and websites for the nm price and the rest are % based calculations.

will do, post if you have any suggestions or questions.

Rowan113
Posted: Dec 4 2006 | IP Logged

Is there any way to change the current value of a comic book? I've noticed some of the comics aren't valued correctly(?). I know the values are suggestive and change often, but I'm usually talking about older comics where the value hasn't changed. Looking at other websites (i.e. The Big Comic Book Database, who get their values from Overstreet) some of these aren't valued correctly or are undervalued. If I could help let me know.

Thanks 

nisav
Posted: Dec 7 2006 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

we update them as quickly as we can, but you can always submit the values to us, just use the submit information link at the bottom of each issue's page.

Igor

NJBaritone
Posted: Mar 31 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I found out about you from a plug given on the "Comic Book Queers" podcast.  Now I just have to convert my old database over while still keeping up to date on the new books!

Google search lookin' for a site that would tell me how much my old comics are worth. When I saw the feature where you can put your whole stash of comics in a portfolio online to keep track, I was sucked in:)

There were a few comics of mine that I just couldn't find on here to put in my stash, but I have some wierd comics like my W.I.L.D.CATS #1 issue (Canada) and Iron Man Annual #7

nisav
Posted: Apr 1 2007 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

the ones that you couldn't find, have you submitted them?

Igor

Algreenberg
Posted: Apr 10 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

My brother found you and told be about you.  He has a few long boxes, but I have been collecting since 1965 and have over 10,000 comics and have had several false starts of cataloging.  I find that I can catalogue over 100 books an hour with your site, including submitting new books (but not updating info or covers yet).  Keep up the great work!

Admin Group
Admin Group

Kudos to your brother, and welcome to the site

Oldiesmann
Posted: Apr 14 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I found mine through a post on the comicbookresources.com forum, and have been happily stashing my comics ever since 

Edited by Oldiesmann - 14 April 2007 at 3:02pm

Posted: Jun 1 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I googled :-) Was looking for a way to track the value of my collection which I haven't touched in about 5 years. Thanks for this wonderful site.
Fusion4Future
Posted: Jun 1 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I have a Mac, and virtually all of the software out there was for a PC. Since my husband insisted I get all my comics organized and off the floor, I did a search through Google and found a forum where they mentioned this site.  Incidentally, I just plugged you on my blog, and I hope it will bring you even more folks.  This site is a lifesaver, and I love the fact that all the users can contribute to make the place even better.  Keep up the fantastic work!  I'm having a blast getting organized!
bobthegopher
Posted: Jun 2 2007 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Belated welcome to Oldiesmann, and new welcomes to Aenduina and Fusion4Future. Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying it!

But Fusion... comics on the floor?!? Get bags, boards and some short/longboxes, man!!! You can get them in big quantities on ebay for pretty cheap.

Edited by bobthegopher - 02 June 2007 at 8:28am

Fusion4Future
Posted: Jun 3 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

LOL...I'm extremely obsessive-compulsive.  My longboxes can't have anything in them until the issue has been read.  :)  And I'm behind on my reading!  It's even worse now that I'm busy scanning them for posting here, and for updating info.  Ah well...organized eventually!
rialtus
Posted: Jun 7 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I was lamenting the poor quality of certain other programs when a friend recommended your site to me. 
wunstar01
Posted: Jul 14 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I searched through google for comic book database.  I didn't like the usability if that's a word of the other database sites. 

I cataloged most of my Cap collection and it only took an hour or so.

Congratulations on the site and good job.

Wunstar01
Xero
Posted: Jul 15 2007 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

was googeling looking for an old site that I had used that is now kaput, and i was hooked. It's great to see a free site that'll catalog your comics, instead of charging a monthly rate. 

I'm also an MS Excel refugee. I found your site in About.com and you guys were the first ones I looked up. You had everything I wanted (Excel export feature? Oh yeah!) This site is great and thanks for making it free! I'm definitely letting my friends in on this.

bitlord
Posted: Dec 8 2007 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash

I was playing with access a work to inventory my stuff, then I saw a avertisement in a comic for comiccollectorlive. I said to myself why should I build a DB when someone allready did. When I was at work I tried to find the avertisement in the comics I had, but none had it. So I Googled "online database comic" saw your site. Tryed your site out and some others. Your sit of course won. I love your export feature, and the ability to access my info at any place, any time, any platform(so far), and any brower(so far). You can't beat that.

scumm
Posted: Jan 3 2008 | IP Logged

I think Google does a nice job listing you guys, like most folks around here, I looked for a place to organize my collection and found you.

I was wondering btw, how you guys estimate the current value of an issue. Different shops have different prices, then there is ebay and so forth.

All in all, great site!
GoldenAge
Posted: Feb 16 2008 | IP Logged

I found the link on PulpSecret.com   
rscandelaria
Posted: Nov 18 2008 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Found this site by trying to find a database to catalog my comics and I happened to stumble onto this site...just by chance I found the site but I have got to say that I am trully glad that I did...this is an awesome site...got all my comic books logged in and straighted out...fellas you are doing an AWESOME job...keep it up!!!

My Public Stash

I actually found this site on a message forum on Marvel.com. Where people were discussing different sites like this. I look at the ones mentioned, and this by far was the best one I looked at.

Page of 8
Next Post Reply