Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » How Did You Find This Site?
BlueStar71
Posted: Jun 19 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I just happened to find this site while searching through Google. I'd been reading for a couple years, and had been keeping a list of all my comics in Microsoft Word, but it took far too long to update and keep current. This site is exactly what I'd been looking for, and the fact that it is free and very easy to use makes it irresistible.
ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Posted: Jun 21 2010 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

BlueStar71 wrote
I just happened to find this site while searching through Google. I'd been reading for a couple years, and had been keeping a list of all my comics in Microsoft Word, but it took far too long to update and keep current. This site is exactly what I'd been looking for, and the fact that it is free and very easy to use makes it irresistible.

Welcome aboard! :)

Short and simple... Google. Tried one website which I won't name *cough* comicspriceguide *cough* . I stumbled upon this one and I am thoroughly impressed. I am still adding comic books to my stash and I love being able to keep track of them. Thanks for the great site and keep up the amazing work.
crowdaddi
Posted: Aug 1 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

i was in disparate need of a cataloging software. so i hit Google and stumbled upon it. it wasn't that easy to find but I'm glad i found it. I've tried collectorz and their connect version, comicbase ,and comic collector live. they are all very good but not free. so now I'm giving stash a whirl. so i can decide which software to go with.
I've only used it for half a day and I'm pretty impressed i must say. good work guys.  
nisav
Posted: Aug 2 2010 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

welcome to the site.

and please post if you come across anything that we can add or change to imporove our site.

jpramas
Posted: Aug 10 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

New to the hobby. Fell into it by getting sucked into the new Captain America series - a vortex from which I may never emerge again. Lol.

Started bagging today. Found out I need to board too. Then wondered how I should keep track of my little collection. Have a Mac. Looked around for some software - not wanting to just make a spreadsheet if something purpose built existed.

Saw the following thread
http://revision3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33641

Came here, and think it's a very nice service. Cheers ...  
leunir
Posted: Aug 20 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Hey, I'm new to the site. I have 2 boxes of x-men titles from 91 to 96, I got married in 1997 and well, it was no more buying comics for me after that. I had almost forgot about my comics until I found this site. This is an excellent site. Thank you very much. Now I want to see if I can find a some comics to complete my collection. Where do you recomend I look?

Oh, and how can I submit a comic book cover?

nisav
Posted: Aug 23 2010 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

welcome. 

to submit a cover, you can click the "N" in the "Img" column, whikch will bring up a cover submission tool, or you can go to the individual issue page and either click on the blue image or underneath the image is a link "Submit An Image".

as far as completing your collection, do you mean you want to see which issues you are missing from a particular series?  or just in general which stores you can visit that sell backissues?

Nuriel
Posted: Aug 23 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

leunir wrote
I got married in 1997 and well, it was no more buying comics for me after that.

It's moments like this, that make me realize, how wonderful my GF is. She can spend hours in a comic store browsing the contents of hundreds of longboxes with me. Sometimes it scares me.
ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Posted: Aug 28 2010 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

jpramas wrote
New to the hobby. Fell into it by getting sucked into the new Captain America series - a vortex from which I may never emerge again. Lol.

Started bagging today. Found out I need to board too. Then wondered how I should keep track of my little collection. Have a Mac. Looked around for some software - not wanting to just make a spreadsheet if something purpose built existed.

Saw the following thread
http://revision3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33641

Came here, and think it's a very nice service. Cheers ...  

Oh cool! I'm Jumping Jupiter in that thread! :)

Groupie

My Public Stash

leunir wrote

Now I want to see if I can find a some comics to complete my collection. Where do you recomend I look?

You could look in JasonNewcombs' "Trading thread" and check out the interested members' stashes, there may be something you want and they're willing to trade or sell.

Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash

As others have said, I googled for an online comics database, and this site came up. So far, I've really been impressed with all that it can do. I'm trying to do my part and submit new comics and graphics whenever I see holes, but thank you for providing this great resource. 
bigdrhino
Posted: Nov 1 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Came upon the site while doing one of my random Google searches for things I'm interested in, and came upon your site. It's fantastic! I'm slowly adding my stash to the site, and adding info to the database when I have the time. I will try to add even more to the database after I get my stash on here. I've collected comics for decades, and have let the organization side of collecting fall off the last few years, so I am hoping to use your site to bring everything up to current and getting some form of a total value will be an added benefit!
SuperAtHomeDad
Posted: Nov 23 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I found the site several few months ago when searching
for a way to inventory my collection. After trying a
couple of different sites and even downloading a few
programs, I found myself coming back time and time again
and finally decided to take the plunge and start stashing
my comics here. A few of the recent updates,
specifically issues from trade paperbacks being marked as
collected within lists and the addition of tags, were a
big part of my decision to choose StashMyComics over
other options. The inclusion of social features, such as
public stashes, member ratings and quick share links, was
another reason I liked this site.

I appreciate all the hard work that has been done to both
create and maintain this site and look forward to
becoming a member of the community that supports it.
captkirk42
Posted: Nov 29 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I found this site after joining another comic site and discovering I needed to "purchase" a membership upgrade there if I wanted to track more than 50 comics.

I am planning on selling some of my comics on Ebay, or elsewhere maybe even do some trading, but needed some site to keep track of what I've got and to look up current values.

I don't purchase many "New" comics anymore. I've got about 20 packed boxes of comics as is and most of them will eventually be sold. I stopped seriously collecting in the early 1990s.

Posted: Nov 29 2010 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

Actually I just found out that Marvel has their own "My
Collection" thing going on on their site for free. Not that
I intend to leave this place for that.
Marvel Girl
Posted: Dec 27 2010 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I googled comic collection database and this site looked
the most user-friendly. Beats scribbling down my collection
in a notebook at the last second. :)
ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Posted: Dec 28 2010 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Marvel Girl wrote
I googled comic collection database and this site looked
the most user-friendly. Beats scribbling down my collection
in a notebook at the last second. :)

Welcome aboard! See you around...

Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I'm new, both to this site and to comic book collecting in general. It's always been something I wanted to get into, but just recently had the time and money for it. I found this site through Google, it looks awesome and easy to navigate. Thanks for making it!
bigdrhino
Posted: Feb 6 2011 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

It is awesome, Reklov! And welcome to the site and the wonderful world of comic book collecting!
iancharcoal
Posted: Feb 9 2011 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash

I honestly don't remember how I found it. But I do remember it was my second time desperately searching for a free solution.  So here's my idea:

I know some people googled 'comic collection database' and found it that way apparently.  I don't believe a lot of people know they are looking for a database per se so they don't search for that, you know?

This is what I feel a lot of people are searching for (what I was looking for initially) :

"free comic collecting software"

Now if you search that in google, I went through at least 5 pages and SMC did not pop up at all.

Just now I typed:

"free comic collecting website"

SMC was at the top of the second page.  I think maybe the homepage could use a few more of these buzzwords to give the search engines something to chew on.

deathislife
Posted: Feb 23 2011 | IP Logged

I'm new. I just found this site five hours ago, I think. I just looked up "comic collection site," and found this site. I've always wished GCD had a feature to list what comics you have, but this works, lol. Pretty amazing site, I think.
ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Posted: Feb 23 2011 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

deathislife wrote
I'm new. I just found this site five hours ago, I think. I just looked up "comic collection site," and found this site. I've always wished GCD had a feature to list what comics you have, but this works, lol. Pretty amazing site, I think.

Welcome aboard!

My Public Stash

I've got over 60 longboxes worth of comics and decided to finally inventory the lot. I did some searching at comicbookresources.com and came up with this place as a great, free spot to do so. I'm just starting on box #3 and am very happy to see that many odd, obscure books as well as new ones in my collection are in Stash's database.
ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Posted: Mar 17 2011 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Ozymandas wrote
I've got over 60 longboxes worth of comics and decided to finally inventory the lot. I did some searching at comicbookresources.com and came up with this place as a great, free spot to do so. I'm just starting on box #3 and am very happy to see that many odd, obscure books as well as new ones in my collection are in Stash's database.

Sweet! The database grows all the time...

Moderator Group

My Public Stash

I am just now getting into comics. It wasn't until this year that I bought my first TPB... and until just over a month ago that I bought my first actual comic. I have a fantastic local store with exceedingly low prices on most of their collection, and I'm now up to like 50 comics. Not a lot to most of you, but definitely enough for me to want a way to actually keep tabs on them... especially when I figure I'll be buying more and more.

Anyway, I was doing my research on best ways to catalog comics like a good soon-to-be librarian would, when I found talk of StashMyComics.com on a wikihow article (or something similar). I gave ComicsPriceGuide a shot, but I didn't feel like shelling out cash to keep track of more than 50 comics... especially when simply keeping track of them was my goal. As such, this more community-driven tool seemed far more suited for my purposes.

And now that I'm using the system, I'm quite pleased with it. I've even been able to contribute comic information and scans since I've signed up.

Bottom line, glad I found you. Thanks for this awesome resource!

Edited by kennyyeager - 17 April 2011 at 12:03pm

Blog: www.KennyYeager.com
bigdrhino
Posted: Apr 17 2011 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Welcome Kenny!
Looks like the comic book collection bug has infected you.
Don't worry, its not fatal.....usually!
ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Posted: Apr 17 2011 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

kennyyeager wrote
I am just now getting into comics. It wasn't until this year that I bought my first TPB... and until just over a month ago that I bought my first actual comic. I have a fantastic local store with exceedingly low prices on most of their collection, and I'm now up to like 50 comics. Not a lot to most of you, but definitely enough for me to want a way to actually keep tabs on them... especially when I figure I'll be buying more and more.

Anyway, I was doing my research on best ways to catalog comics like a good soon-to-be librarian would, when I found talk of StashMyComics.com on a wikihow article (or something similar). I gave ComicsPriceGuide a shot, but I didn't feel like shelling out cash to keep track of more than 50 comics... especially when simply keeping track of them was my goal. As such, this more community-driven tool seemed far more suited for my purposes.

And now that I'm using the system, I'm quite pleased with it. I've even been able to contribute comic information and scans since I've signed up.

Bottom line, glad I found you. Thanks for this awesome resource!

Welcome aboard Kenny!

My favorite part of the website is that almost all the data is user generated and if you contribute to the site you earn points for a chance win stuff in giveaways!

Also, check out the blog for reviews, interviews and various articles and columns!

Moderator Group

My Public Stash

bigdrhino wrote
Welcome Kenny!
Looks like the comic book collection bug has infected you.
Don't worry, its not fatal.....usually!

I'll probably be the one who dies from it. lol Thanks for the welcome!

JasonNewcomb wrote
Welcome aboard Kenny!

My favorite part of the website is that almost all the data is user generated and if you contribute to the site you earn points for a chance win stuff in giveaways!

Also, check out the blog for reviews, interviews and various articles and columns!

Thanks for the welcome. Saw your call for blog contributors in the forum. I've a bit of writing experience, but not sure what I can bring to the table just yet. Haven't found an angle, y'know?

Happy to be here!
-Kenny

Blog: www.KennyYeager.com
nisav
Posted: Apr 18 2011 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

welcome everyone, and im glad you are finding the site
useful and friendly. and thank you to all the senior
members for taking the time and welcome our new friends.

for those using google, they have a feature \where if you
find a site useful you can click the button next to the
listing that says you liked the site. on some versions
its a start next to the listing, recently its been
showing up as a square with a +1 in it. so if you like
the site and want to help recommend it to others, do some
google searches and click some buttons next to our
listings. this helps the site go up in the rankings and
move toward the top of the search results, which helps
others find us easier and quicker.

thank you everyone for all of your support

Prev