Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » How Did You Find This Site?
mrp
Posted: May 30 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

It was mentioned/recommended on a thread in the Classic Comics forum over at the CBR forums, and I checked it out. Have been using the
site for a while, but only recently ventured onto the forums.

-M

Posted: May 30 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Lots of trial and error. I first used Allconsuming.net, but quickly realized that that site is more for keeping a reading journal. (I still use that site for that purpose.) Then tried comicbookpriceguide.com- It was not user friendly. Finally, I came across this site after a massive search on Yahoo! Been here 6 years now. I love every part of it- except the ads for finding a "Hot Korean" love mate.
John Keyt
Posted: Jun 2 2013 | IP Logged

I just wanted to say thanks S M C . This is by far the greatest site around . You all have done a outstanding job . I amazed
how fast you all are . I get my current comics home read them and log them , and you have all info here already . Wow .Even
on my hunts every few weeks I pick up some obscure stuff and it here . Amazing and on the occasion it not I submit it and
shortly there after you got it . Impressive . I still have my back up system that I take out with me . A 1 inch red binder.
I know , a lot of people smile at the shows . Pulling out their i phones , pads, lab tops and other electronic stuff . But
mine is shock proof drop proof and idiot proof . some what secure cause I have a hard time reading my own written and never
runs out of power ( Ha Ha ) .Well thanks again John out .
John Keyt
Posted: Jun 8 2013 | IP Logged

I found this site totally by accident . I had watched a show called the Comic guys and was goggling The Comic Stash and this
site showed up and I clicked on it and was total surprised at what I had found .I have recommended it to a few collectors
like my self . thanks again . John out .
Decimator
Posted: Jul 18 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Had to be trusty old Google that directed me this way, i looked at maybe 1-2 other sites but they just didn't appeal, this site was quick and easy to catalogue everything i needed.
danimalxiii
Posted: Jul 25 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SMC Admin

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Decimator wrote
Had to be trusty old Google that directed me this way, i looked at maybe 1-2 other sites but they just didn't appeal, this site was quick and easy to catalogue everything i needed.

Welcome to SMC, Decimator! Good to see another person from the UK here too!

My Public Stash

danimalxiii wrote

Thanks for the welcomes, i take it we're a rare breed around these parts.
Punisherfan
Posted: Jul 27 2013 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Decimator wrote
danimalxiii wrote

Thanks for the welcomes, i take it we're a rare breed around these parts.

There are a couple of us knocking about
~#12~
Posted: Jul 30 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

After many years of collecting (with only a pocket-sized spiral bound notebook filled with scribbles & hieroglyphics to keep me on track) I decided to attempt the Herculean task of organizing. I initially downloaded a software program but found it neither user-friendly nor portable. I had heard mention of this site at some point and after a few short weeks of exploration I found that "stashmycomics" is just the thing I was looking for!
DRU-MANIC
Posted: Feb 11 2014 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash

I decided to start collecting again and was looking for a way to track my stash from the start. Did a quick google search and BAM! Here I am. Glad to be here.
drymike
Posted: Apr 6 2014 | IP Logged

I was recently introduced to Film Aficionado and Discogs website. I just did a Google search in hopes to find something similar for my comics. This seemed like
the better option than say a $30 computer program + $5 phone app. Plus, it provided a community background, which I throughly enjoy. So here I am! I'm
excited to get started and involved.
DRU-MANIC
Posted: Apr 6 2014 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash

Welcome, drymike. I'm kinda new here, but I've enjoyed it so far. I look forward to talking comics with you.
Learning2fly
Posted: Jun 26 2014 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Hello everyone!
Was looking for a database to add all the comics I have to keep track and well, most of the apps on Google Play are too expensive, so I decided to look online for a site and
tadaa! I collect all of The X-Files comics and so that is what I'm putting in this site to keep track of them. If anyone is a fan of the show, I don't mind making friends here too
and discuss about it or the actors. Btw, my fav character is Fox Mulder. Have a great day all!
Great Scott!
Posted: Jun 28 2014 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Welcome to SMC!
I only own The X-Files Magazine #1, but it is my favorite all-time tv show!

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I arrive via good old Google as well. I was looking at a couple of sites for inventory purposes. This one appealed the best, especially since it helps track the values of what I've collected. It's going to help me be conscious of that magic little number at which I will need to look into protecting even more than I do what I have- be that insurance, or a safety deposit box. I'll know when the time comes.
irreverent_reader
Posted: Aug 13 2014 | IP Logged

I did a google search for online comic organizers. I use LibraryThing for my "regular" books and wanted something similar for comics. Sorry, can't remember what search terms I used.
I am glad I found you though, as I love the features and organizational abilities!
sharkweeak
Posted: Sep 11 2014 | IP Logged

Google! I searched for online comic collections. Currently I use ComicRack to read and organize most of my comics. This site looks easy to organize things. I'm excited to try it out!
sai_justin
Posted: Oct 17 2014 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Just started collecting again this year so dug out my old comics and wanted to organize them to get a feel of what I had and what I wanted. After a quick Google search, I
found you guys had he exact services I was looking for!
John Keyt
Posted: Oct 17 2014 | IP Logged

Welcome to the site sai_justin and fellow Google searchers .   I love this site for all the info and ability to log and track my comics .
Fusion4Future
Posted: Mar 23 2015 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I started using this site oh so many years ago, and then got out of comic book collecting for about ten years. When I decided to start getting back into it, I was
looking for software to put on my computer to keep track. Then, I remembered that I had an account here from sometime around 2006. Could it still be active?
Yep! So now I'm working on cataloguing all of my back issues again. 667 comics stashed so far and a LOT more to go! Thanks for such a terrific service!
grfanboy
Posted: Mar 29 2015 | IP Logged

404 ERROR

Edited by grfanboy - 31 July 2017 at 2:45pm

Redbrat
Posted: Apr 8 2015 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

My boyfriend and I are regulars at a local shop and one day I made a joke about needing to bring a list with me every time
I shop just to keep from buying duplicate issues. One of the employees showed me this site and by that night I had already
catalogued 200+ and now I'm closer to 500 with more to go. I already have 3 others using the site now as well.
RycoViper
Posted: Jul 10 2015 | IP Logged

After a serious start to my comic book collection, my dad recommended this site to me in order to keep track of what I have and what I need.
Demiguise
Posted: Jul 31 2015 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I was browsing for a database to store my comics and this site popped up. I looked around and decided it was a great place to keep track of both comics I already own as well as those I'm still searching for/wish listing.
Zelos797
Posted: Aug 2 2015 | IP Logged

I was basicly searching for a site like Myanimelist but for the comic books.
ZombieSteve
Posted: Sep 30 2015 | IP Logged

I'd been on paying comic collector sites, but in all honesty, I didn't care for logging my collection. After some searching I found this site - that was a number of years ago, and I've been on ever since. Uploads
may be slower and issue cover picture quality isn't always the best, but I truly enjoy Stashmycomics, and it's free!
KittensTasteYummy
Posted: Nov 7 2015 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I googled "Comic Collecting" and your site was on the first page. After looking through all of the options I decided yours was the best choice for me! Also, the fact that you offer this FREE, made the decision
a no brainer!

Edited by strongma - 08 November 2015 at 4:52am

Outlawspirit
Posted: Nov 30 2015 | IP Logged

Found this site on a random forum when I was looking for a place to stash my comics, I tried a few others before this. All comic stashing sites seem to have the same problems, the updating part.
dsadventures
Posted: Dec 2 2015 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Found this wonderful and amazing site thru one of my Facebook groups... it has 32,000 members.... be
sure to check it out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ComicBookCollecting/

Edited by dsadventures - 02 December 2015 at 11:39am

DS6220
Posted: Jan 13 2016 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Hello All. I thought I would just pop on real quick to say that I just found this site yesterday through Google. I used to collect comics back in high school but, due to life and family, I let myself fall out of the hobby. I have recently moved to a new home,
and with changes like that, I decided I wanted to actually have my collection out and available to me (and not hiding in an attic or basement). While trying to figure out the best way to do this (long boxes are not pretty) I started to realize it would be
great if I could organize them digitally as well so that I know what I have at any given moment, know what I should be looking for in the back issue bins, etc...I looked at a few ios apps, but now I have found this site. So far it is pretty sweet. I have a lot
more to add and work on, but I think that is part of the fun.
Prev
Page of 7
Next Post Reply