Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » How Did You Find This Site?
AeternaNox
Posted: Jan 26 2013 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I found the site because I was searching google for printable checklists of Comic Series. It was a very roundabout way of getting here, buried a few pages in because of the search parameters, and I had been expecting a very different experience. My boyfriend had been using a different catalog site for awhile, and after a month was locked out of his list unless he started paying (Which we finally found in the VERY FINE print and buried pages in.) Then he went to comicpriceguide, without realizing that he's have to pay to track more than 100 titles. (I may have the site wrong, but that was the experience.)

I think it took me about three hours of looking EVERYWHERE on this page until I finally believed that it was really free, and have been trying to get him hooked ever since. Unfortunately, he's become disillusioned with the experience, but I can't come home from the comic book store without coming to this site, often before the snow covered coat even comes off. ^_^ I especially love that the site is android friendly, so I can just take my tablet to the store and save the printer ink when it comes to the checklists.

My name is Snarkey, and I'm a Stashaholic o_O

Also, Sign me up for the "The handle is awesome club," BallGaggedNun!

Edited by AeternaNox - 26 January 2013 at 8:16pm

ulyssesjasonnewcomb
Posted: Jan 26 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

The site is free. 100%. No catch no gimmick. We even add a blog and podcast for free.

Welcome aboard Snarkey!

There is a place to donate, so if you got a buck or two lying around, send it our way. It helps keep the machine rolling. And the more donations we get, the more services we can add (if that's even
possible!)

But there has never ever been any kind of mandatory cost associated with using the site.

Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Please don't think I'm trying to make excuses or that you made me feel pressured or anything along those lines. I Really appreciate this site, and thoroughly intend to donate at some point come spring. I've always been a firm believer that when a website provides a great service and better community, they deserve support, I just work in food service and my boyfriend is a bartender in a concert venue, so Winter is the time where we stop spending money because we're both a couple inches of snow away from losing three days tips at the same time.

I love that there's no mandatory cost here. I love that I can look at the lean months and not worry about "Do I pay the $10 bucks, or start over in May?" If I were to go for a month or two without my collection changing, why would I want to pay a monthly fee track it? And what if there came A week where my restaurant closed and his concerts cancelled and I had to choose between buying more comics or keeping them tracked? I know which concession I would maker first. I also find that the free sites have a much more diverse and therefore interesting crowd than a paid one, that tends to get more cookie-cutter hardcore fans, and a less inclusive attitude. (Although I'm sure in the past 8 years, this all has crossed your mind.)

And most importantly I know that words say "Thanks for this amazing corner of the internet!" while donations say "Please don't ever let this go away!"

I thoroughly intend to say both.

BallGaggedNun
Posted: Jan 27 2013 | IP Logged

AeternaNox wrote
I found the site because I was searching google for printable checklists of Comic Series. It was a very roundabout way of getting here, buried a few pages in because of the search
parameters, and I had been expecting a very different experience. My boyfriend had been using a different catalog site for awhile, and after a month was locked out of his list unless he started paying
(Which we finally found in the VERY FINE print and buried pages in.) Then he went to comicpriceguide, without realizing that he's have to pay to track more than 100 titles. (I may have the site wrong,
but that was the experience.)

I think it took me about three hours of looking EVERYWHERE on this page until I finally believed that it was really free, and have been trying to get him hooked ever since. Unfortunately, he's become
disillusioned with the experience, but I can't come home from the comic book store without coming to this site, often before the snow covered coat even comes off. ^_^ I especially love that the site is
android friendly, so I can just take my tablet to the store and save the printer ink when it comes to the checklists.

My name is Snarkey, and I'm a Stashaholic o_O

Also, Sign me up for the "The handle is awesome club," BallGaggedNun!

Wait, I'm confused, what hand is awesome? o.o
AeternaNox
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

handle is just another word for "screen name" or "user ID."

BallGaggedNun

...I so knew that.......... :p And thanks :)
fantasytiger86
Posted: Mar 3 2013 | IP Logged

I was looking for a site that allowed you to organize your comics for free (I am sort of a nut when it comes to organization and I also love Cataloguing
stuff)so I typed into a search engine Comic book database and poof this site popped up. I was super excited it was the best one I found and it also
included Manga's which I have tons of as well as figurines. Best site I found so far passed it along to all my collector friends.
Z0rn

My Public Stash

I saw one of my followers on Instagram mention this place in a comment he made to another one of his friends. So I decided to check this place out. I'm glad I did. It gave me an idea of the value and scape of my collection. It also helped me change how I collect.

Edited by Z0rn - 03 March 2013 at 7:41am

Great Scott!

My Public Stash

Welcome to SMC!!

My Public Stash

It was mentioned/recommended on a thread in the Classic Comics forum over at the CBR forums, and I checked it out. Have been using the
site for a while, but only recently ventured onto the forums.

-M

Posted: May 30 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Lots of trial and error. I first used Allconsuming.net, but quickly realized that that site is more for keeping a reading journal. (I still use that site for that purpose.) Then tried comicbookpriceguide.com- It was not user friendly. Finally, I came across this site after a massive search on Yahoo! Been here 6 years now. I love every part of it- except the ads for finding a "Hot Korean" love mate.
John Keyt
Posted: Jun 2 2013 | IP Logged

I just wanted to say thanks S M C . This is by far the greatest site around . You all have done a outstanding job . I amazed
how fast you all are . I get my current comics home read them and log them , and you have all info here already . Wow .Even
on my hunts every few weeks I pick up some obscure stuff and it here . Amazing and on the occasion it not I submit it and
shortly there after you got it . Impressive . I still have my back up system that I take out with me . A 1 inch red binder.
I know , a lot of people smile at the shows . Pulling out their i phones , pads, lab tops and other electronic stuff . But
mine is shock proof drop proof and idiot proof . some what secure cause I have a hard time reading my own written and never
runs out of power ( Ha Ha ) .Well thanks again John out .
John Keyt
Posted: Jun 8 2013 | IP Logged

I found this site totally by accident . I had watched a show called the Comic guys and was goggling The Comic Stash and this
site showed up and I clicked on it and was total surprised at what I had found .I have recommended it to a few collectors
like my self . thanks again . John out .
Decimator
Posted: Jul 18 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Had to be trusty old Google that directed me this way, i looked at maybe 1-2 other sites but they just didn't appeal, this site was quick and easy to catalogue everything i needed.
danimalxiii
Posted: Jul 25 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SMC Admin

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Decimator wrote
Had to be trusty old Google that directed me this way, i looked at maybe 1-2 other sites but they just didn't appeal, this site was quick and easy to catalogue everything i needed.

Welcome to SMC, Decimator! Good to see another person from the UK here too!

My Public Stash

danimalxiii wrote

Thanks for the welcomes, i take it we're a rare breed around these parts.
Punisherfan
Posted: Jul 27 2013 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Decimator wrote
danimalxiii wrote

Thanks for the welcomes, i take it we're a rare breed around these parts.

There are a couple of us knocking about
~#12~
Posted: Jul 30 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

After many years of collecting (with only a pocket-sized spiral bound notebook filled with scribbles & hieroglyphics to keep me on track) I decided to attempt the Herculean task of organizing. I initially downloaded a software program but found it neither user-friendly nor portable. I had heard mention of this site at some point and after a few short weeks of exploration I found that "stashmycomics" is just the thing I was looking for!
DRU-MANIC
Posted: Feb 11 2014 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash

I decided to start collecting again and was looking for a way to track my stash from the start. Did a quick google search and BAM! Here I am. Glad to be here.
drymike
Posted: Apr 6 2014 | IP Logged

I was recently introduced to Film Aficionado and Discogs website. I just did a Google search in hopes to find something similar for my comics. This seemed like
the better option than say a $30 computer program + $5 phone app. Plus, it provided a community background, which I throughly enjoy. So here I am! I'm
excited to get started and involved.
DRU-MANIC
Posted: Apr 6 2014 | IP Logged
Groupie
Groupie

My Public Stash

Welcome, drymike. I'm kinda new here, but I've enjoyed it so far. I look forward to talking comics with you.
Learning2fly
Posted: Jun 26 2014 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Hello everyone!
Was looking for a database to add all the comics I have to keep track and well, most of the apps on Google Play are too expensive, so I decided to look online for a site and
tadaa! I collect all of The X-Files comics and so that is what I'm putting in this site to keep track of them. If anyone is a fan of the show, I don't mind making friends here too
and discuss about it or the actors. Btw, my fav character is Fox Mulder. Have a great day all!
Great Scott!
Posted: Jun 28 2014 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Welcome to SMC!
I only own The X-Files Magazine #1, but it is my favorite all-time tv show!

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I arrive via good old Google as well. I was looking at a couple of sites for inventory purposes. This one appealed the best, especially since it helps track the values of what I've collected. It's going to help me be conscious of that magic little number at which I will need to look into protecting even more than I do what I have- be that insurance, or a safety deposit box. I'll know when the time comes.
irreverent_reader
Posted: Aug 13 2014 | IP Logged

I did a google search for online comic organizers. I use LibraryThing for my "regular" books and wanted something similar for comics. Sorry, can't remember what search terms I used.
I am glad I found you though, as I love the features and organizational abilities!
sharkweeak
Posted: Sep 11 2014 | IP Logged

Google! I searched for online comic collections. Currently I use ComicRack to read and organize most of my comics. This site looks easy to organize things. I'm excited to try it out!
sai_justin
Posted: Oct 17 2014 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Just started collecting again this year so dug out my old comics and wanted to organize them to get a feel of what I had and what I wanted. After a quick Google search, I
found you guys had he exact services I was looking for!
John Keyt
Posted: Oct 17 2014 | IP Logged

Welcome to the site sai_justin and fellow Google searchers .   I love this site for all the info and ability to log and track my comics .
Fusion4Future
Posted: Mar 23 2015 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I started using this site oh so many years ago, and then got out of comic book collecting for about ten years. When I decided to start getting back into it, I was
looking for software to put on my computer to keep track. Then, I remembered that I had an account here from sometime around 2006. Could it still be active?
Yep! So now I'm working on cataloguing all of my back issues again. 667 comics stashed so far and a LOT more to go! Thanks for such a terrific service!
grfanboy
Posted: Mar 29 2015 | IP Logged

404 ERROR

Edited by grfanboy - 31 July 2017 at 2:45pm

Prev
Page of 8
Next Post Reply