Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » Help using this site
Lita
Posted: May 2 2012 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

I made a list of my comics....but my name is not on the public stash list...i tried importing my list from excel where they are listed..it gives me an error..can someone help me get these comics listed on this site??

Edited by Lita - 02 May 2012 at 4:33pm

chipreece
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SMC Blog Editor

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Go to your stash, and underneath the "My Stash" column there is a "Public My Stash Manager."  Click the boxes next to your categories to make them public and then hit update.

If this is an importing issue, make sure to read the Stash Importer instructions by clicking the tab with that name at the top of your stash.  Here are the instructions for convenience:

Note: The importer was modified on 5/11/2010, so please make sure you read the instructions below before using the importer.

• You can only import Tab Delimited Text (.txt) files. You can either create a Tab Delimited Text file from scratch using the column headings outlined below, or you can download this Excel template and use it to create the Tab Delimited Text file.
    • If you use the Excel template as your starting point, you should do the following:
      • Copy/Paste or type in your data into the appropriate columns
      • Click File -> Save (to save the changes you just made in case you want to make more changes later)
      • Click File -> Save As, and in the drop down box labeled "Save As Type" select "Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)", and then click Save (a warning message might popup notifying you that formatting will be lost, that's fine, click Yes or Ok).
  • Which ever way you decide to create your file, please do not change the columns order. Here is a quick explanation of each column (most are self explanatory):
    • Comic Title - Required! Rows missing the comic title will be skipped.
    • Issue Number - Required! Rows missing the issue number will be skipped.
    • Variant - Optional! Variant designation as in A B C D.
    • Published Year - Optional! The year the issue was published.
    • Quantity Owned - Optional! How many copies of each issue do you own. Can be left blank if you own 1 copy.
    • I Paid Per Item - Optional! How much did you pay per copy. If you do not remember leave it blank and the Newsstand Price will be auto filled.
    • Notes (max 500 characters) - Optional! If you go over 500 characters, only the first 500 characters will be saved.
    • Condition - Optional! What condition is the issue in? If left blank the issue will be set to "NM" (Near Mint). Click here for a list of available conditions.
    • Category - Optional! The name of the category you want this issue saved in. Has to be specified for each issue. If left blank the issue will be saved in the default category "Unsorted".
  • Once you have your data ready, start the import process.
  • Once the file import is complete, the data from the file will be placed into the process queue and the queue will begin loading below this "Import Information & Instructions" box.
  • The process queue is broken up into two columns, the left column "Titles You Are Importing" contains data from your import file, the column on the right "Site Titles" contains the matching data from the StashMyComics.com database.
  • Only 50 Comic Titles will be loaded onscreen from your processing queue at any one time (no restriction on how many issues per title). If you have more than 50 titles, just refresh the page after processing some of them, and more titles will be loaded.
  • Once the 50 titles have loaded, the importer will automatically start searching the StashMyComics.com database for matching titles, as matches are found they will be displayed in the right hand column.
  • If the importer is able to find an exact match to a title, it will automatically begin searching for the issues for that title. If an exact match is not found, you will be able to select a title from a drop-down of titles that most likely match your title. (Please note, the issues will not begin loading on the screen until all the titles have finished matching.)
  • The matching issues will be displayed for your review, with some additional info about each issue.
  • Check the issues you want to stash (most will be automatically pre-checked by the importer) and then click the Stash button.
  • As you stash these issues they will be deleted from your process queue.
  • If you need to clear your import queue, just click here.

Twitter: @ChipReece
reklov77
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Hey, welcome to the site!

After you add comics to your stash, you have to click the check box in
Public My Stash Manager and click update for it to be listed publically.

I haven't used the Excel import, so maybe someone else can help you
out with that.
reklov77
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

Yeah, like that.
Valdimer
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Public Relations/Coordination Manager

Welcome aboad Lita!  After you're done stashing your comics, we hope to see you around the forums!

Twitter: @TimMorse1
Email: timmorse@stashmycomics.com
Lita

My Public Stash

okay my list is in public now but i want to add more comics and this list is not adding to my stash..they are books that i couldnt find in the database..does that mean i cant add them..i have like 400 more books..
chipreece
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SMC Blog Editor

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

If there are books not in the database then you will need to use the "submit new issue/series" tab at the top of your stash, and the admins will get them uploaded (and you will earn some points!).

It could also be that the titles you have don't match how they are listed in the database.  I encourage you to use the search function to double check.

Use your points to enter into giveaways (located on the bottom right of the homepage).  There is an active one right now!  You can also earn points by submitting missing cover images.

Twitter: @ChipReece