Forums » Wish List » Suggested Feature: default currency selec
Cinderwolf
Posted: Apr 8 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash

Hey guys.. Something I thought about for a bit now but only had time to post the suggestion now!

Any chance there could be a feature that's account specific so that when adding issues, we can set the default currency for our issues? (I.e. Default currency on the site is USD when adding the issue. It
shouldn't change the way values spent/current value reports on your main stash page though!)
I know it sounds like a small feature, but in the long run it can be A LOT of time saved from having to scroll through the correct currency type (and if your mouse is like mine, it likes to click where it's not
supposed to and you have to start over).
nisav
Posted: Apr 9 2013 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

that sounds good. ill see if i can turn it around quickly.

Cinderwolf
Posted: Apr 11 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash

Woohoo! Glad to hear you like the idea! In hindsight, maybe the values display on the "my stash" tab could have the optional value for display as well? Not sure what I was thinking when I initially said 'it
shouldn't change it'. :P But again, just a hindsight thought!
Cinderwolf
Posted: Jul 26 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash

Hey Nisav! Just curious to know if anything's come of this? :) Between both jobs I've completely forgotten to check back with
you!
nisav
Posted: Jul 27 2013 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

there are 2 items being worked on right now, then this one is next on the list.

nisav
Posted: Aug 12 2013 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

besides setting the default currency, what about the price itself? are you looking for me to run it through current
conversion rate?

danimalxiii
Posted: Aug 16 2013 | IP Logged
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SMC Admin

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

I posted a thread about this, which I'll delete had no idea you were working on it!

Yeah, if you could still use run current conversion rate, that would be brilliant.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

My Public Stash

I was thinking about it and if we're setting the preferred currency of choice (by default), things like "stash stats" could possibly
auto-change/update to the default currency we've selected? Or would it be simpler/better to have that separate and perhaps add an
option to set the stash stats currency separately?
nisav
Posted: Aug 17 2013 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

i think the Stash Stats will be phase 2, want to get the regular issues conversion working properly first.
one of the challenges will be to do all the currency conversion, need to find some third party exchange rate api.

nisav
Posted: Aug 23 2014 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

so this has been a long time coming....i have just updated the search results to incorporate a default currency option.

First, under My Stash at the top click My Profile. Once there you will see a new option to select a default currency, everyone
is defaulted to USD, so just change it to whatever you want and click update below it. With that done, go and search for
something. When the issues come up in the results, any issue that has a USD cover price will default to the currency you
have just set, as well as the exchange rate will be applied to the price. the exchange rate might not get the price 100%
correct, but should be close.

right now i only added this feature to the search results page, so please let me know how its working. once i get some
feedback ill start updating other pages.