Forums » General Discussions, Intros, Site Feedback, etc » Collecting question
meechum
Posted: May 7 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

In Marvel comics they put the sticker for the code for free digital comic. My question is if you peel that and use the code does is devalue the comic?
danimalxiii
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SMC Admin

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

At a guess I would say yeah, as the comic isn't in the 'original' condition as bought.

It's kinda like the Marvel comics that used to have the coupons in, if they are cut out I believe that devalues the comic a fair bit.

In-fact looking at CGC website and some of the comics they've graded with the sticker it comes with this:

Key Comments:      Manufactured with peel-apart label for digital download code on last page.

I guess we won't know how much it devalues a book by for awhile though.

My Public Stash
My Public Wish List

That was my feeling on the matter. My son, who is 9 and just started collecting peeled the sticker on the new Wolverine #1. Luckily we have 2 issues, but just wondering what it was going to do to the value. Wasn't sure if because it's basically on an advertisement page if that counted...but I was pretty sure it did
John Keyt

I totally agree with you jonervin 26 . Man marvel really had a bad idea on those value stamps, a lot of books were destroyed by the stamp being cut out
. At the last show I was at a hulk 181 with the stamp missing they wanted 500 bucks and with stamp a 1000 bucks books look in same condition other wise .
What your thought on removing from original sealed packaging . C g c won't grade a book in it and pricing in guide doesn't differ . Thou on those issues I
usually but 2 one to open and one left sealed . On my new books I have been leaving decal on the digital down load .
John Keyt

Thanks jonervin 26 , I agree on those bags , they are annoying . My Superman 75 is still sealed .Lately I have been doing the same when opening them . Like my midnight
sons series .I opened them framed the poster pieces . What do you think about variant covers? I don't understand why we need multiple cover , Like the new iron man
cover 10 variants . Whats up with that ? Then the prices they ask for them wow .
Nissan
Posted: Jun 27 2019 | IP Logged

Damn Good Question. Just Like The Bagged Comics In The Early 1990's. (Marvel Are Crafty Buggers, You Gotta Pick Up Two Issues Now!)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.