Forums » Report Site Issues, Errors, etc » Export limit? Getting an error
ttfitz
Posted: May 31 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

So, I've tried exporting my stash (15,000+ books), and after a while, it gives me a file to download, but the file just has an error in it:

Script timed out
/user-exportcsvstash.asp
The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

I'm assuming it's because of the size of data I'm trying to export. I've tried doing it late at night thinking maybe less activity on the website, but still no luck. I can try to do it in pieces if necessary, but all at once would be good.

Thanks.
ttfitz
Posted: Jun 19 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Okay, I'm still getting an error, but on a smaller set - I've got about 100 issues from maybe 20 titles tagged, and from the Tag screen I've tried to export to CSV, after a while the file is as above, showing a timeout.

Now maybe it is just now, I don't know, but as of tonight it wasn't working.
ttfitz
Posted: Jun 19 2013 | IP Logged

My Public Stash

Update - I tried this again this afternoon, and the CSV export did the same thing.

Now, here's where it gets weird (at least from my perspective). To remind - I have tagged a number of issues, then clicked on the tag value in the Stash screen, to get the list to titles with books using that tag. Now, I expect when I click on "Export All Titles In This Category" that I would get the books that were marked with my tag. As I said, it timed out on the CSV, but I tried the XLS, and that worked. Except I got ALL my books in that stash - not just the tagged ones, not even just all the books in the titles that had tags, but every one of the books in that particular stash. All 16,000.

Now, that's what I wanted to do in the first place, but it does seem to be wrong, to my way of thinking.

CORRECTION - it now appears that I didn't just get the books in that stash, but ALL my stashes.

Edited by ttfitz - 19 June 2013 at 4:27pm

nisav
Posted: Jun 20 2013 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

thanks for all the info, ill check this out shortly.
i must have not added the tag filter to the export...will do it while working on the timeout issue.

nisav
Posted: Jul 1 2014 | IP Logged
Admin Group
Admin Group

ive got the exporter upgraded, give it another try and see if you can export your entire collection.
the tag filtering also works now.

Edited by nisav - 01 July 2014 at 11:02pm